Sunday, September 26, 2010

it is love.

So, over the past few projects that I have been working on, my irritation with scissors came to a head...I could NOT get that straight cut. This (and the fact that I needed some new fabric to start my Christmas present making) basically forced me to buy a rotary cutter. I'm in love with it. Every cut is so smooth and perfect. Now to buy a bigger self healing mat...mine is teensy. Shucks...looks like I'll have to make a trip to Dressew! 


Anyway, while on my rotary cutter excursion to Fabricana, I also bought some delicious new fabric (bright, bright, bright pink and yellow prints for a felt marker roll for my niece, for one) and some fun ribbon and webbing to make straps for purses. 


Here are my current projects:


1. A sewing organizer that hangs over the arm of the couch. 


2. A big hand sewn wool blanket. (So excited!)


3. A pile of grocery bag caddies for my family for Christmas. 


4. A felt pen roll for my niece. 


5. A bright and cheery play mat for my sweet baby L to hang out on. 


6. Hat/mitten/scarf set for baby L. I have some super soft pink fleece for the little one - I love remnant bins!


7. A big old stack of patterns that baby L is going to be too big for soon. Must get on those!


Now, I need your help!! I am in desperate need of selvages. If anyone has some kicking around that they don't need...I would love them. Perhaps we could work out some sort of arrangement? Anyway, I have a huge project in mind, and I cannot see myself ever having enough selvages to make it work...so if you have some, let's talk! You can comment or email me at kennedycraft (at) aol (dot) com. Thanks!


I just reread my list of projects...and I should not be blogging, I should be sewing!


xo.


C

No comments:

Post a Comment